Owning a business is a dream come true for many Charleston residents, but that dream may go up in smoke in the event of a fire. Just last October, a home decor business experienced this unfortunate fate, as CountOn2.com reports:
- Officials announced Tuesday afternoon that the cause of the fire that destroyed Lowcountry Linen in North Charleston is still unknown due to extensive damage from the fire.
- Authorities continue to investigate the cause of a fire that destroyed Lowcountry Linen in North Charleston Monday night. Officials have determined the fire begain [sic] in the A/B suite of Lowcountry Linen and expanded to the neighboring C unit, Meridian Automation and Communications. […]
- The North Charleston Fire Department were dispatched to 4600 Ruff Road around midnight Monday. […]
- “Upon arrival first units on scene reported heavy fire and smoke showing from the single story warehouse”, said Bianca Bourbeau, NCFD spokesperson. “There was significant damage to the building.”
- Tuesday morning there was nothing left of Lowcountry Linen but rubble and ash.
As mentioned in the piece, the conflagration’s cause is yet to be determined, but linen—the company’s merchandise—is known to be highly flammable. What’s more, the report also mentioned that the fire spread to neighboring establishments, thus causing further damage. As such, business owners as well as property managers need to make their stores or outlets as fireproof as possible to resist encroaching flames. Fortunately, reliable Charleston roofers help entrepreneurs protect their business by installing commercial metal roofing, which are inherently fire resistant.
CMS Roofing, LLC, a leading roofer in Charleston, SC, also recommends metal roofing to clients due to its impressive resistance to damage caused by external elements. With this type of roof, business establishments have a better chance of withstanding disasters.
(Article Information and Image from Fire destroys home decor business in North Charleston, Count On 2 News, October 15, 2013)