A new roof can be a pricey, yet completely necessary home investment. This is especially true if your roof is old and leaky. After all, leaks can cause more damage in your home if left neglected. This may result in costly repairs that you could have avoided early.
Like all big home investments, you have to make sure that it’s done properly or you might need to replace it again in just a few years. One way to be sure is to hire a seasoned professional like CMS Roofing, one of the top roofing contractors in Charleston, SC. With more than a decade’s worth of experience, we can:
• Install and match the shingle properly – Each shingle plays an important role in the system, playing hand in hand to provide you protection. If even one shingle is not installed properly or if it is mismatched, it could affect your roofing’s performance.
• Ensure ample ventilation in the attic – An improperly ventilated attic can also cause many problems in your home, from health issues to reducing the lifespan of your roofing. In addition, poor attic ventilation can cause your energy bills to spike up.
• Install the flashing properly – The flashings keep the edges of the roof from leaking. Leaks will surely find its way to your home interiors due to improper installation.
• Install drip edge and/or leak barrier– These parts keep animals out of the attic, prevent rain from entering under the edge of the roof, and re-channel water away from the fascia, preventing rots.
• Use nails properly – This is important in making sure the shingles are in perfect condition after the installation. Otherwise, this can cause leaks as these can tear the shingles.
If you need help with your residential roofing in Columbia, SC, and the surrounding areas, CMS Roofing is your best choice. We have more than a decade of experience in the industry, having provided hundreds of customers with top-notch roofing products and services.
Call CMS Roofing today to know more about our company, products, and other services. You can also get a FREE quote on your next roofing project by filling out our request form.