Is your home ready to face another year? If you want to start the year right, you should have your roof upgraded to modern and durable materials. A new roof is also a way to introduce a splash of color to your home. To make sure your home stands out above the rest, here are some color tips from professional roofing contractors in Charlotte, NC:
1. Look around the neighborhood for color inspiration. You can find a home styled similarly to yours to have an idea of what colors work well.
2. Keep in mind that dark colors retain heat while lighter shades are more reflective. Make sure you choose a shade that will work well with your area’s climate.
3. Dark shades such as black and deep green make homes look smaller than usual. Light hues do the opposite.
4. You can base your palette on unchangeable elements in your home, such as brick exteriors, chimneys, or stone facades.
5. If you can get roofing samples, place them against different areas around your home. Do not forget to check during different times of the day. Some colors look different when exposed
to low light.
6. For a home that steps quietly into view, choose matching roof and exterior colors.
7. Complementary shades such as brown and sage green create an understated yet pleasing look.
8. If you have a busy-looking façade, you can use a low-contrast tone to tone it down.
9. Use bright hues such as yellow or lime green to energize homes.
10. Try out alternative materials other than asphalt shingles. Metal comes in various colors and styles and can improve your home’s energy efficiency.
11. Make sure you choose durable materials that will look good and protect your home from elements.
With a new roof, you can create a positive and welcoming vibe for passersby and guests. Since it has a huge impact on curb appeal, roof replacement can also add to property value.
If you are looking for reliable roofing companies in Columbia, SC, trust CMS Roofing. We have been replacing and repairing roofs for over a decade. We specialize in asphalt shingles, metal, and tile roofing. These come in an array of colors that will complement any architectural style.
Call us today at (877) 425-4121 to learn more about our services. You can also reach us through our contact form.