Every homeowner is responsible for keeping their roofs in top condition, but inexperienced homeowners tend to think of roofs as a set-and-forget installation, neglecting regular roofing maintenance. But roofs are constantly exposed to wear and tear, and will succumb to its effects without proper maintenance performed by expert roofing contractors.
Here are a few reasons not to neglect regular roofing maintenance.
1. Regular maintenance prolongs its service life – All roofs fail at some point, eventually. What’s important is how long it can be of service before requiring a full replacement. By addressing leaks and other problems as they are found, your roof will serve you much longer than it would have if it was left alone.
2. It also prevents existing problems from getting bigger – Minor roof problems quickly snowball to bigger ones if not addressed immediately. The problem is, most homeowners won’t know about roofing problems until it has developed into major problems like leaks, widespread water stains, and extensive mold and mildew growth. Regular maintenance helps locate the source of minor problems and prevent them from causing bigger headaches.
3. Timely roofing maintenance and repairs save you money – Another benefit to addressing residential roofing problems in their infancy is that it costs a lot less compared to major roofing repairs or a complete roof replacement. It also helps you better manage your finances and set a more reasonable target date for the next roof replacement.
4. It keeps your roof looking beautiful – Regular repairs and maintenance also helps alleviate the effects of wear and tear, such as curled, missing, or damaged shingles, which are more obvious with symmetrically-cut roofing like three-tab shingles. This keeps your roof looking good for much longer.
5. It helps you comply with warranty requirements – Most roofing warranties require proof that the roof is regularly maintained, otherwise it will void the both material and workmanship warranties. The warranty terms and conditions should state how often roofing maintenance should be; typically it is done every three to five years.
When looking for roofers who will maintain and repair your roof, look for one who has extensive experience with every roofing type, has manufacturer certifications, and has a proven track record with the community. We at CMS Roofing has all these qualities, and are ready to help you with your roofing and remodeling needs. If you would like to know more about our services, call us today at (877) 425-4121 or fill out our contact form to set up your free roofing consultation. We serve homeowners in Charleston and Columbia, SC.