Spring is here, and it’s finally that time of the year when you can freely fix everything that needs to be fixed, thanks to the better weather that this season brings. CMS Roofing, one of the most trusted roofing companies in Columbia SC, and its surrounding areas, lists tips on how to improve your homes this spring:
1. Check your downspouts for any sign of debris. Make sure to clean them thoroughly and check for leaky and faulty gutters.
2. Make sure that your siding is clean and is mold and rot-free. Wood weathering and paint can deteriorate over time. Check if the wood is showing through. If it is, then it may be time to repair or have your siding replaced.
3. Check everything that’s been previously caulked. Make sure that these parts are not deteriorating—otherwise, it’s best to have the old caulk scraped and replaced with new caulking.
4. Have your roofing checked by a certified roofing contractor. If there are signs of cracking and leakage, then it’s time to have your roof repaired by your contractor. Shingle shifting can happen over time. Popped nails are dangerous, as these can indicate loose materials in your roofing. Leaks should be attended to immediately, as water can come inside the house. Dirty and stagnant water can also cause mold, rotting, and insect infestations. It’s best to have a qualified contractor attend to these things right away.
5. Check your windows and doors for any signs of air leaks. These leaks cost you valuable energy that could’ve been used to regulate indoor temperature instead; air leaks increase the need to rely on heating and cooling systems, causing your energy bills to go up.
We value your need to have a safe and clean home, especially this spring. CMS Roofing is one of the most trusted roofing companies in Charleston SC, and its nearby areas, and we would be more than happy to provide you with assistance for all your roofing needs. Call us at (877) 425-4121 today.