For first-time roof repairs, it can get hectic and confusing, especially if your roof needs emergency repairs. In these situations, it’s important to keep a clear head and get everything organized. Familiarizing yourself with the process certainly helps.
As a leading roofing contractor with extensive experience in roof repairs, let us walk you through our roof repair process at CMS Roofing:
1. Call us for assistance – Call us as soon as you notice leaks or other roofing problems, or if your roof has been damaged from a storm. At this point, you should also set an appointment with your insurance adjuster. The sooner you call for repairs, the lower the chances of escalating damage.
2. We assess the situation – We will send one of our experts to inspect the roof’s condition and decide how much repair work will need to be done.
3. We make a written estimate – We will then discuss the extent of the roof repair work with you and your insurance adjuster, if present. An on-site written estimate will then be provided, which will indicate the cost of the materials, workmanship, and applicable warranties. The time frame will also be discussed at this point so you can make accommodation preparations. If you agree with the terms and conditions, we will return with a contract for your signature.
4. Preparations – Our foreman and the rest of the team will arrive on time and clear the work areas. Protective tarps are used to cover the surrounding plants and all indoor access areas are clearly marked and protected.
5. The repairs begin – Our team will then start the repair work by removing all broken parts of the roof, and performing repairs as needed. It may be a good idea to inform your neighbors about the repair work, as it will generate a lot of noise.
6. Quality inspection – Once completed, a quality inspection is performed to ensure it meets our quality standards.
7. Clean-up – Our team will then clear their tools and materials, clean the work areas, and remove discarded roofing, including nails. These are then collected for disposal or recycling.
8. Issuance of warranty – We will then deliver the warranty paperwork, which details coverage. We recommend that you take note of the manufacturer terms so you don’t void your warranty.
To know more about what makes us one of the best roofers for your roofing needs, CMS Roofing today at (877) 425-4121 or fill out our contact form to schedule your free roofing consultation. We serve Charleston, SC and Columbia, SC.