Your roofing is one of the primary protective systems of your home. It is exposed to the elements 24/7, which means deterioration will be inevitable. Let CMS Roofing introduce you to some of the factors that affect your roofing system.
1. Sun – Its heat along with its ultraviolet rays wear down a roof’s quality over time. The side of your roof that faces the sun the most will deteriorate faster. Roofs that receive no maintenance will eventually be prone to damage.
2. Rain, snow, ice – Water is a problem for roofs too, perhaps more so than heat. Rot can ensue if rainwater enters your shingles, shakes, or other parts of your roof. Snow that refreezes at the edge of your roof (which is the cooler part) will create ice dams and stop water from draining properly. The dams may also force water to enter your roofing. When your home is penetrated by water, all sorts of problems can begin, from mold and mildew to moss growths. Your roof is not the only victim in this case; your entire home could be at risk, from the wiring to the foundation.
3.Wind – Your roofing contractor in Charleston, SC, will agree that wind can be the single most damaging force that affects your roof. High winds can lift the shingles and other parts of your roof, giving rain, snow, or ice access into your home. Extremely high winds have been known to lift entire roofs off homes.
4. Shingle and flashing deterioration – Waterproofing effectiveness as well as protection from high winds are affected when shingles rot. When flashing is lifted or torn, water can seep through the gaps and enter your attic.
5. Condensation – This is another problem with water that warrants roof repair in Charleston, SC. Poorly ventilated roofing systems are prone to condensation issues, allow wood to decay quickly under such conditions. The moisture may also enter your walls, damaging wiring and, eventually, the foundation.
6. Trees – Trees that touch your roof can cause it extensive damage, from scratches to puncture holes. The branches may also become a highway for pests to enter your chimney and vents. The leaves that fall and stay on your roof will retain moisture and cause rot. Those that end up in the gutter will block drainage.
CMS Roofing, your trusted roofers in Columbia, SC, has the experience, materials, and expertise to provide your home with a durable and dependable roofing system. Quality, continuous education, and promptness are part of our job. We understand all the factors that affect roofing systems and are able to provide solutions in a swift and professional manner.
Whether you need roof repairs or a full replacement, you can count on us to provide only quality work. Call us today at (877) 425-4121 to find out more.