All it takes is a single search on Google to find hundreds of contractors around your area, all of them promising great results. If you have never worked with a contractor before, or if you’ve moved to an area that your old one doesn’t cover, it can be a challenge to find a new one you can trust.
Remodeling or replacing your roofing in Charleston is a job you can’t do alone. You need a good contractor like CMS Roofing to handle the job in a professional and timely manner. When you’re in this position, however, it is important to manage your expectations. Homeowners who don’t research are likely to end up with a subpar contractor. To prevent this, here are a few reminders when choosing your contractor.
1. Ask for their credentials. Don’t judge roofing companies in Columbia, SC, based on their quote alone. Cheap prices tend to mean low or bad quality. Start with their credentials. Are they licensed and insured? Does that insurance extend to their subcontractors? Will they be handling the permits? What are their memberships and certifications? CMS Roofing, for example, has Master Elite™ status from GAF Corporation. That means they use materials of the highest quality and the best warranties from GAF.
2. Ask for references. Good companies willingly hand out a list of references from their past clients. Check out their website and read the testimonials; just be sensible enough to figure out which ones are true.
3. Inform them about your budget. Reputable roofing contractors in Charlotte, NC, can work better and smarter if they know how much money you’re willing to spend on the project.
4. Observe how they interact with you. A contractor should patiently explain every part of the job to the client. You’re not expected to know everything about construction, so it’s your contractor’s job to explain things in a way that you’ll easily understand. Their communication skills matter. Their timing is important, as well, especially regarding the scope of the work and the areas that will be affected. You’ll want to know immediately if your lights or water will be out for a few hours or a day.
5. Ask them about risks. In the event of an accident, what will happen? The contractor and subcontractors should be accountable and responsible. How are they planning on keeping the work area safe?
6. Ask them about their expectations of you and your family. Are there areas that will be off-limits during the work? Do they expect you to prepare food or drinks? Will they be using your bathroom? These may be small things but it’s best to be ready.
When it comes to replacing, repairing, or cleaning your roofing system, you can trust CMS Roofing to do an incomparably professional job. We prioritize the needs of our clients and listen to know exactly what those are.
Give us a call for a free estimate at (877) 425-4121.