Whether you’re completing the look of your new home or replacing your existing roof, choosing the right material is important. Some homeowners tend to overlook this, only realizing the value of a roof once it fails.
Picking the right material for your roof is crucial, so take your decision process seriously. To help you make the right choice, consult the most trusted roofing contractor in Charleston, SC: CMS Roofing.
Factors to Consider
Your roofing relies heavily on the design and architectural style of your home. For instance, wood shakes are ideal for homes with a traditional style. Their classic look gives a touch of elegance, retaining the aura of a traditional home. For new homes, contractors will consider the weight of your roof to support the structural integrity of your home.
Moreover, the geographic location of your home and the climate in your area are vital elements. For example, some roofs have thermal properties to help them withstand the harsh summer. Cost is also an important consideration; make sure that your option fits your budget to avoid unexpected expenses later.
Types of Roofing Materials
After considering the above factors, it’s time to explore your options. As the leading company for roofing services, including roof repair in Charleston, SC, we offer a wide selection of materials:
• Asphalt shingles – Lightweight, beautiful, and easy to maintain, they are still one of the most popular types of materials among homeowners.
• Wood shakes or wood shingles – They are perfect for traditional homes. Although they require more maintenance, they can last for up to 30 years or more.
• Metal roofing – Metal is a durable material. It can withstand harsh weather conditions and offers a life span of 50 years or more.
• Tile roofs – Concrete or clay tiles are heavier than other materials, but they provide lasting beauty to any home.
• Slate – This material have been around since ancient times. The modern options, however, exhibit a more distinctive look and improved durability.
• Fiberglass shingles – Similar to asphalt in size and color options, they are lighter in weight and are more durable.
Depending on the factors mentioned, these materials could offer the best service to your home. They require professional installation, however, to yield amazing results. Our experts at CMS Roofing can help you with that. Call us at (877) 425-4121 to schedule a FREE consultation today. We’ll be ready to discuss with you the ideal roofing options for your home.