Roofing and gutter repair and replacements require a lot of planning. These projects require the services of trusted roofing contractors in Charleston, SC. First off, deciding on whether to repair or replace can help avoid costly and unnecessary projects. Here are a few tips that can help you decide.
Ideally, out-of-warranty roofing requires immediate replacement, but several factors influence the choice between repair and replacement. They include:
• Age — Chances are, your roofing may need a replacement if it is too old. Depending on your roof deck’s condition, you may only need to replace the outer roofing layer.
• Condition — Your roof’s general condition is another clue. Shingle roofs would have damaged or cupped shingles, eroded asphalt, or even missing shingles. Meanwhile, a metal roof may have rust spots. Watch out for missing tiles if you have a tile roofing system.
• Leaks — A quick inspection of your attic should reveal any roofing problems: water stains, rusted nails, or even mold growth.
That’s why CMS Roofing offers free consultations for residential roofing in Columbia, SC. We aim to help ensure a thorough roof inspection.
As with roofing, any issues your gutters may have would show visible signs. Here are some of the things you should look out for:
• Misshapen Gutters — Sagging, twisted or missing fasteners indicate gutter failure. We should address such issues before the weight of rainwater weighs it all the way down.
• Leaks — This issue is typical of failed joints. Sealants can be easily reapplied, but if the water has gotten to the bare metal, rust may be a concern. Depending on the severity, you may be well off with new gutters.
• Wrong Pitch — This means that the gutters aren’t angled towards the downspouts, resulting in standing water, water damage and overflows. If the gutters are in otherwise good condition, then a quick pitch correction job is all it takes to fix it.
If you need new roofing and gutters, CMS Roofing is one of the top Charleston roofers that can meet your needs. We’re a locally owned and operated company that’s sure to work on your project swiftly. Call us today at (877) 425-4121 or fill out our contact form for a free roofing consultation.