Replacing a roof is more than just having new shingles; it’s about installing a complete set of components designed to work together and protect your most valued asset. If you consider buying only GAF® shingles and get the rest of the components elsewhere to cut costs, you should decide against it for many great reasons.
As one of the few GAF Master Elite™ roofing contractors in Charleston, SC, CMS Roofing wants to share the real value of getting the complete Lifetime Roofing System and hiring a factory-certified roofer for the job.
Ensuring the Roof is in Good Shape
First, your roof needs to be ready for the replacement project. Your old roof has to be removed to evaluate the health of your roof deck properly. The roof deck has to be inspected thoroughly for damage; address any red flag prior to the actual installation.
Making the necessary repairs is imperative to ensure your roof is in great shape before dressing it up with a new roofing system.
Installing the Complete Lifetime Roofing System
Getting all the essential components from one manufacturer is paramount. This helps guarantee your new residential roofing in Columbia, SC, will perform as expected, prevent avoidable issues, and make sure your new roof would hold up for the years to come.
Here are the key components of the GAF Lifetime Roofing System:
- Leak Barrier – This is a self-adhering membrane that protects your roof’s most vulnerable areas against extreme weather and helps prevent leaks due to house settling.
- Roof Deck Protection – This layer of protection protects the roof against wind-driven rain and allows the moisture to escape from the attic.
- Starter Strip Shingles – Installed at the eaves, these prevent the asphalt shingles from blowing off due to strong winds.
- Lifetime Asphalt Shingles – Apart from protecting your roof against harsh elements, they dramatically enhance your home’s curb appeal. Considering the huge variety of choices, you have to consider the style of your home and your local climate to pick the best product for your needs.
- Ridge and Eave Vents – Serving as a ventilation system, they help remove the damaging heat and moisture from the attic. Other than allowing top-notch insulation, they prevent your shingles from being fried from the inside, preventing premature wear.
- Ridge Cap Shingles – Placed at the hips and ridges, they add further protection against leaks and high winds. They also complete the stunning look of your roof.
Giving Your Investment Maximum Coverage
If you want the complete Lifetime Roofing System, you shouldn’t just hire anybody; rather, you should entrust the job to GAF Master Elite Charleston roofers to guarantee quality. After all, only certified contractors can offer your Golden Pledge® Ltd. Warranty. This is GAF’s highest level of coverage, which includes material defects for up to 50 years and workmanship-related problems for 25 years.
Entrust your investment to capable hands. Call CMS Roofing now at (877) 425-4121 and tell us how you’d like your new roof.